Description: Former MGP, Hartford, CT
Contaminant Treated: TPH, SVOCs and VOCs
• Treatment used VeruTEK’s Coelution Technologies™, Surfactant-enhanced In Situ Chemical Oxidation (S-ISCO¨) and Surfactant-enhanced Ex Situ Chemical
• Treatment consisted of VeruSOL¨, a biodegradable and food-grade surfactant mixture; sodium persulfate; peroxide; and sodium hydroxide.
• 1,200 tons of contaminated soil were treated by S-ESCO™ aboveground;
• 1,900 tons of contaminated soil were treated by S-ISCO¨ in the subsurface;
• TPH concentrations in ex situ soils were reduced by as much as 95%, from 4,183 ppm to 182 ppm; and
• Contaminant concentrations were reduced in situ and ex situ to levels below industrial/commercial criteria established by the State of Connecticut redevelopers of the Site.
Download Manufactured Gas Plant Case Study